Monday, December 21, 2009

A Facial !

Which is the recent memory which looks like a nightmare for me? The flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco? May be not…there is another ridiculous memory coming in to my mind..

It happened about two months ago, when I was back in India. I got a discount coupon (when I had coffee from a café) of a premium saloon and spa. I went to that saloon and did haircut (usually I do not visit such places since a haircut can be done for less than one forth of the amount these kind of saloons charge). It was a nice experience. The ambiance, the chair, the equipments, the process involved, and the way the guy behaved etc.

I was coming back with a happy feeling. When I passed my regular saloon on my way back to home, this thought of doing a facial came into my mind since I got very tanned due to an one week long travel in a hot place. So, I dropped in to that saloon and told that I want a facial. He suggested a ‘Papaya’ one. This was the first time in my life so far that I was trying out any such grooming other than haircut.

He started with a bleach and it I did not feel any issues (well, any difference in my skin tone too) and then he applied something and started massaging my face in such a way that I felt like he thinks that my face is a road and he is running a road-roller. At some point of time, he poked my nose and it became watery, even the eyes (he applied that thing on my eyelids too). I thought I better stop the whole thing and save my face from his barbaric acts. I realized that he don’t know even the basics of facial massage. I was waiting for him to wipe off the stuff he applied.

When he did that, I opened my eyes and…

My eyes were red and my face was yellow ! how can I go home this way? He was trying his best but the color stayed there… I asked him what this is and he said it will go when he finish the whole process. I don’t know what he was applying on my face but he applied couple of more things on my face and continued his brutal massage…it took about an hour for him to finish his ‘work’

Then he asked whether I want to go for a head massage. And I politely said no coz I didn’t want to lose the precious hair that is left on my head in an hours time and end up in a severe headache. When I paid the money, he expected some tips but I did not give any…he stared at me and I just said thanks and left the place…May be he thought I thanked him for his ‘work’ , but no…

All that ‘feeling good’ that I got from the haircut place is gone now…its replaced by feeling bad…

Same day, same kind of place and opposite results….

Some days are like that, can't help it...

No comments: