Friday, January 22, 2010

Bimbo n Me..

Who was the first country singer to whom I listened to? I might have heard some songs without knowing that it was country or who sung it. But the first singer I remember is Jim Reeves. His ‘Bimbo’ is still popular, though he died and early death even before I was born.

Why do I remember this particular singer? When we connect certain things to certain other things, sometimes we remember odd things. It was my then best friend who gave me a ‘Best of Jim Reeves’ cassette. She said she like the song ‘Bimbo’. Did she say she liked the song ‘Just Walking in the Rain?’, can’t remember it ...the incident happened about 20 years ago. Why did she like Reeves? She did not tell me …may be because I did not ask her. But I know its coz his Gospel work and Christian songs. My friend too was a good singer, was highly involved in Gospel work and even sang in couple of music albums.

Why did I remember my then best friend now?




Is it coz I happened to listen to Reeves or is it coz I missed her and hence I listened to Reeves?

No comments: