Thursday, February 25, 2010

Unbirthday

This year’s birthday had a specialty. This was the first time in my life so far that I ‘celebrated’ my birthday abroad. India is kind of one day ahead of US. Astrologically, our birthday is connected to the day and date of our place of birth. But I decided to stick to US date and hence I got this chance to enjoy my first unbirthday.

Those who follow the tradition has one more day to celebrate. Because we (those who speak my mother tongue) have our own calendar and in that calendar what is more important is the ‘star’ and its ‘weightage’ than a specific date in that month. When I am writing this, I tried to remember my birthday according to our calendar and I realized that that particular data is now stored in a bad sector.

Just another day, but

Not just another day; coz

An unbirthday gift

Comes just another day

No comments: