Tuesday, March 02, 2010

M & M

Mondays and March(s) weren’t friendly for me when I was a school boy. March always brought final exams. Mondays came with blues which disturbed the laziness that we hesitated to part with. I was born on a Monday, I got married in a March and my son was born in another March…

Though students and those who work hate Mondays, Monday is considered as a good/auspicious day in many religions. Fasting on Monday is popular in Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism and Islam. May be it was there in earlier Christianity too but at some point of time they decided to ditch Monday coz they did not want to follow a Jewish custom (and opted Wednesday).

Monday is moon day and moon influence our mind, mood and feelings. Moon has some feminine connections too and in Hinduism, usually it’s the women who observe fasting on Mondays.

It was the start of the year and it is the start of spring…

“When my Lord falls on my Lady’s lap,

England, beware of some mishap”

So, there is hope..

March with a Monday…

No comments: