Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Global Warming

What are the effects of global warming? I can write a few pages , based on what I have read so far. But I don’t want to. There are hundreds of sites which provide more than enough info on that. Is that all true? I don’t know and personally I don’t believe everything I read about it. If anybody thinks nature is that predictable, well, what to say?

Year after year, my city, which was known as the ‘air-conditioned city’ (coz of the pleasant weather round the year) is getting hotter and hotter, it’s a fact. May be it is coz of global warming. But what made me think of global warming, right now?

It was six in the evening, I was standing in the balcony of my apartment and the sight was interesting. It was foggy. No, it is not coz of something wrong with my vision. My city (I can see more than 10 kilometers of my city from the balcony) is about to sleep covering her with a foggy blanket.


For the past couple of days, it rained. Sometimes it rained heavily. It even blessed us with hailstones... What is the big thing in a rain? Coz, it is the start of April and we were supposed to be experiencing a hot summer. In some part of the southern States, it rained that heavily which lead to flood and human fatality.

I don’t have any cynical view on the predictions by those scientists but I don’t hesitate to tell that what I personally experienced is totally against some predictions (which included the year 2008) I read, some years ago. Usually, while sleeping at night, we avoid blanket during March-April. People switch on electric fan or air conditioning equipments (then we might need blanket). But this year, during some nights I had to grab my blanket.


Some predictions give us a feeling that earth and the living creatures on it will end very soon and another set of scientists claim that it will remain for another 4-5 billion years.

So, as a layman, I got confused, sometimes. Luckily, at this point of time, I am not an atheist. Hence the thought of God is comforting. If He can create (did he really ‘create’? my faith and belief has a different view, but for the time being, at least for this blog, lets assume that way) and manage it till date, well, I think, we can trust Him….

(I am not saying ‘just sit and relax’. But the ‘hope’ part is that - New and new ways/ideas/theories/thoughts/etc will emerge in the coming future….)

No comments: