Thursday, April 03, 2008

God's Religion


I thought I may not write about religion or God for sometime. But...

I happed to chat with a friend of mine after somewhat long gap. She seemed happy (did not tell me the exact reason), so was I, happy. I hoped from the start that she would not drag God or religion into our chat, which mainly had something to do with dating etc. But…

When she dragged God , I said I might disagree and hence I don’t have any comments on what she said. But I also added that I just want to say :


“For God’s sake, please don’t drag God into everything. Coz, He might be expecting we, the humans, to handle at least something”

Obviously, she said I better don’t comment. Usually she used to make some statements and ask me to not to disagree (e.g. once she said ‘there is final judgment, jay, please don’t argue with me’). For many things her mind is closed, not willing even to hear what others have to say. An attitude, which will stand as a hindrance to spiritual or mental growth or any kind of better understanding irrespective of what field it, is. Moreover, she believes her God (or son of god, whatever) is the only real God.

The situation was the process of marriage. Dating many-date one-relationship-marriage….. Why many guys did not date her? or why she remains unmarried even at an age where she was supposed to be playing the role of a mother with at least 3 kids (as per her country’s criteria)?

She partly blamed men and then said, when she prayed to God, it seemed God had some other plans. God told her that way…. ridiculous..

These talking gods are a big problem . These gods are very selfish. They use men and women for carrying out his ‘exclusive’ jobs !!! He doesn’t have any other job?

Sometimes I am rude. But I never can be this rude to tell her :

“You ever looked at your image, in a mirror?”

She needs to understand that she is not beautiful, externally. What about internal beauty? She has very strong views, not ready to bend or adjust. Well, as a man myself, I would say men usually don’t prefer such types. Married life is a lifetime commitment. It is very hard to live with somebody who is not ready for any compromise, or at least not ready to listen. But if somebody is extremely beautiful/handsome, one might at least give it a try (most of the celebrity marriages)

Else, she need to find a man who has very similar views, especially in religion(again if ‘God’ gives different instruction to them, they argue and might split up!). But so far what I have observed is people with very similar views on everything make good friends but not good couple.

Then why drag God into it? Why some people ‘think’ God is assigning jobs to them every now and then?

At least for some people running after God is nothing but escapism. When their deepest desires are not fulfilled….when they had to face some harsh realities….. when their love fails…. Reasons are many, they will select the ‘service’ path. And for some, it also is an easy way of earning their bread, without much effort. But how many of them really serve humans as humans, irrespective of the caste, creed and religion? Very few…

What happens when we ask God : “God, should I get married?” . You will get your deepest desire as the answer. What if you can’t find a man/woman of your choice? Again drag God into it and just say : He has different plans. And in many a cases, these people feels jealous when they see others who live like the way they wanted to live…

Which is the real God? Which religion own Him? Or what is God’s religion? Or to whom is God partial to? To whom He answers? There is one easy way to find. Ask your friends from different religions (if you don’t have friends from other religions, make friends, don’t be that stubborn) about their experience of prayer. Did God respond to any of their prayers?

Almost every one from any religion for that matter might have had at least one such experience. What does it shows? At least my Christian, Jew, Islam, Buddhist and Hindu friends have such experience. I can’t say all except the Hindu is lying.


(I can share one anecdote. For more than six months, I watch one song based reality show, regularly. Now it is the final stage. One guy hardly made into the final. He could not score much during the final segments. He never was exceptionally well throughout the show. But the other day, he sung exceptionally well. It really was stunning. Wonderful….amazing ….and what not? I have never seen him singing like this, so was the condition of even the judges and others. The audience were shocked, the judges got shocked, those who gave him instrumental support got surprised and finally, when he finished, he cried… the judges cried… he got the highest score in the history of that show (yes, I am talking about Tushar, the show is Star Singer and the channel is Asianet) when the hostess asked whether he has got anything to say, he said:

“I think it is not me who sung today… I felt some unknown force behind me… this is for the first time I ended up crying at the end ………….”

And to who did he gave the credit? He gave it to ‘Guruvayoorappan’ a popular Hindu deity in Kerala, which is considered as Lord Vishnu. He said he prayed to that deity and requested to make him sing.


Was he lying?, though I am not a devotee of Guruvayuoorappan, I cant say he is lying. He was true to the core of his belief.)

What does it show? If you happened to read in any particular scripture, any ‘God’ say, ‘I am the only God’ , understand that it means ‘There is only one God’…

(and if the very next thought one getting is ' and that ONLY God is mine..others are worshiping false gods..', that person is in the wrong track)


Here I am not targeting any person. But I am talking about a ‘type’. I am not telling ‘oh this person is wrong, that person is wrong’ and pretending I am the only right one. That friend of mine just happened to be the trigger for these thoughts. And I am thankful for that. She will remain as my friend, even if she drag God into our next talks. Friendship is beyond religion, like God. One can differ with me and I am ready and willing to listen to …..May be God ‘asked me’ to write this and somebody who is totally unknown to me might be looking for this…who knows?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.