Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Its not Funny!



When I was a school boy I used to jump-in and jump-out of running buses. It was a common stuff during that time. Many a times, the bus might not stop at the bust stop and we might run after it, catch the handle rod and jump into the footboard. (In India, most of the government owned public transport buses still don’t have a door). This process happened once in a while till may be 15 years ago. I used to step down from running bus at a turning (where there is no stop)to make it easy to reach my office. But these are not that much risky till you actually fall or hit your head on a electric post (while travelling on a foorboard).


Not knowing swimming and daring to go to the deep zone in a pool (14 or 16 feet deep)was bit risky, which happened may be 17 years ago (yes, I drank water as a result).

Then, about 4 years back, when I was in Himachal Pradesh, I happened to travel sitting on the top of a transport bus. When the electric lines come, we need to bend down to save us. This was a surprise for me, but a common thing for the locals. So this too is not that risky.

But other than all these, once, I had stood on the parapet of a 14 floor tall building, my present apartment, to take my son’s kite which got stuck on a plumbing. A wrong step, and that could have been my last act in this life…

No comments: