Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Racism in Australia

The racists in Australia attacked and killed Indians. The recent attack is just another one. Just because they have white skins, those guys think that they can pierce a screw driver into an Indian and laugh at him when he was crying aloud with pain.

It looks like the system in Australia supports such activities. I saw the CCTV recordings of one such act. Though there is such clear evidence, it was hard for the hi-tech police to nab them. Funny? Nope

When the Indian students protested, police filed case against them, calling it breach of peace. And the latest attack was from the police itself !! That tells a lot

A developed country doesn’t always mean that it has a civilized society...

Shame on you

2 comments:

Defamed Raw Prawn said...

The only CCTV of any "such act" I've been able to find, is that of a group of Asian people beating the stuffing out one Sourabh Sharma. Is that the CCTV footage you are referring to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zYh6-i-M5c

Jay said...

I saw that clip in a news channel (CNN, I guess) and not in YouTube. But I think what I saw was partly from the link that you provided.

I reckon I owe you an explanation. When I was referring to that CCTV footage, I was talking about the ‘system’ which shows a cold attitude towards racist attacks (I am telling this based on the efforts Indian government had to take to convey to the Australian government that we consider this as a serious matter; some comments from the Australian side including police, how quick the system responded to it etc. And I assume that Australia is better equipped than India to handle crime). The news channel (not Indian channel) showed the video when they were talking about the racist attack on Indians.

I am not stupid enough to tell that all Australians are racist people. It doesn’t matter whether it is carried out by Asians (which I don’t know, though two of those guys look like Asians) or Europeans but if the ‘system’ is not responsive enough, it will egg on such acts. That was the point I wanted to stress.

In this context, I can tell you one personal experience. Once somebody called me a Negro. It wasn’t an Australian, but a Philippino. So, what I believe is, if the system shows a cold and lazy approach, it will work as an encouragement, indirectly (During 2008, an Indian student by name Kannan got beaten up by a gang of Australians. When he asked for medical help, the police said “take a taxi, we know what our job is, you bloody overseas”).


This is not an odd incident. What became news these days is just one of the many incidents (of assault and abuse) that happened to Indians in Australia over the past few years.