Monday, April 23, 2007

Thailand -Friday, April 6, 2007

Since things looked more real in the morning I looked for a suitcase and found that we need one more….I needed a couple of pants/jeans….we needed everything we need for a small trip…and we were about to leave .

There comes a call from wife’s manager and I thought that is the end of the trip because it was our experience….. I heard her asking ‘is the trip cancelled?’ …..No, the trip is still alive…

So, after breakfast, I went for shopping…..It was very hot and I did not drink enough water and thus I became very tired. So, I decided to cut on shopping and return to home to avoid a Migraine attack.

We packed some and decided to buy the rest from Thailand. We left our home by 7.15 pm and there wasn’t much traffic. The departure time was 10.45 pm. We reached the airport on time. After security check we proceeded to collect our boarding pass….There it is !!!!

Looking at my son’s passport the Thai Airways staff said ‘your son needs immigration clearance’ ….’So, what should we do’ – we asked. “ you have to go to the passport office and get it done”…..”you mean to say we can not travel today?” my wife asked the man. “Yes” came the answer……..

I was thinking about the loss of money if we cancel the tickets….then that guy said ‘ you do one thing, go and ask the Airport immigration officer, if he permits, you can go’
The seal on the passport clearly reads as follows:

“Emigration Check required except for ……, ….., ……and Thailand “

The last word itself is Thailand…..the Emigration officer did not even look at the passport and said ‘your son can go’…..

oh! What a relief !!!! Thank you God, you are wonderful….and you also like pranks!!

I might lodge a complaint with the Thai Airways when I reach there. A person sitting at the airport counter can not be such an ignoramus. Cant he even understand such a silly thing? What I thought was the rule might have changed and we were ignorant

When we asked for window seat, that gentleman obliged and gave us seats just above the wing so that we can not see anything through the window. Nice guy!!

They did not allow the passengers to enter the aircraft till 30 minutes ago, which is unusual and thus the flight took off only by 11 and then I came to reality……..till that time I did not believe that we are going to Bangkok……..I even expected an announcement requesting my wife to not to board the plane…..coz, that is the way the planning going on.

When the drinks came, the hostess asked me which juice I want, not beer or whisky and I still don’t understand why (though I don’t drink)…..nothing special during the three and a half hours journey.

The Aircraft was a lil old I think……it was noisy and I could not sleep………..

No comments: