Monday, April 23, 2007

Thailand - Wednesday April 11, 2007

Through the window of my room, I can see a Buddhist Temple. I tried to find out the way the other day but could not.. Bangkok is not ‘walker’ friendly. One can see many billboards but reaching them on foot is difficult if one is new to this place. I can see the board ‘Tesco’ from my hotel but I tried to reach there on foot in vain.

But today I made it. I found out a way to reach that temple. I did not see any tourists. It was fully occupied with Thai people and some even started staring me. so to avoid confusion I approached a monk and requested his permission and he said I can go inside. This is a beautiful temple, which is spread over a ‘decent’ area. Some roads pass through this monastery/temple.

Here we go!! How many cats I want? Here they have so many cats. I saw a couple of kittens also. One of them came to me too. One allowed me even to touch. A bunch of dogs came to me (frightening my son) wagging their tails but there weren’t any food with me to offer.

This place also had many peacocks, rabbits, hens (two-three types), frogs and tortoise. Cats were freely allowed to move around.

One building looked like a cemetery. I saw the pictures of people kept on the compound walls and here I saw some trees with very strange shaped roots, which looked like animals. There weren’t anybody in this place. But outside, there were so many ‘unwanted’ people, sleeping here and there ……smoking here and there….and staring at me.



There was another area were they had some animal statues of zebra, lion, bullock etc. I don’t know what it is and no information was written there. Also, there wasn’t any person there to ask.

No comments: