Sunday, June 17, 2007

Me and Religions III

He said ‘ I don’t have any issue publishing this ad, since it is my job. But I tell you, you won’t get not even a single response from a decent Christian family for sure. It also is my job to make sure that our customers get maximum response, so, I suggest you to change the wordings. Thus I changed it into ‘Religion is not a criterion’. He accepted it and said, but don’t expect good proposals. I said, its OK.

He was absolutely right, not even a single decent proposal!!!.

I also replied to some of the ads given by Christians, but no response. I even responded to a Christian girl’s proposal who can’t bear child, no response. ... I replied to an Christian orphan…I got a reply from her guardian ‘ I liked you very much, but her patron is an Italian lady and she rejected your proposal’

To tell the truth, I felt hurt, coz, my intention was good. Did I feel like Jesus ditched me? And did I dump Jesus from my life? The answer is, NO!

For a year or so, I did not even think about a marriage.

Any regrets now for not marrying a Christian girl? No.


I had affiliation with an Islam group who used to provide me Islamic books free of cost for reading purpose. I had read some Buddhism related things and am reading a book by Sogyal Rinpoche. I have some basic idea about Judaism too.

So, what does it mean? It can mean many things but among that one thing is, before one comment on any other religion, or propagate one’s religion/belief, the first step one need to do is understand the counterparts.

I will try to comment on most of these things one by one…..when? I don’t know depending upon my mood.

No comments: