Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Me and Religions I

The headline of ‘The Times of India’, was ‘Christian activity banned in Tirumala’. (This is a Bennett, Coleman & Co. MNC paper), two days ago.

As per the new Government Order no other religion (than Hindu) shall be allowed to be propagated in Tirumala area.

Do I agree to that Government Order? Yes I do.

Though religion is not a thing which I discuss with people, usually, that too often, I was asked to comment on it, many times by many of my friends. One person asked my opinion when a close relative changed religion from Hindu to Christian. Another one when a Christian by birth person embraced Hinduism then there was one incident where a famous poet/writer changed her religion from Hinduism to Islam (the funny part is a Muslim writer changed his religion from Islam to Buddhism, sarcastically). And some others asked me to tell something about religion. Both about Hinduism and then the conversion part too. Then somebody asked what you mean by spiritual and not religious?

And why some of my friends asked me to comment on it? Well it’s a good question..................

No comments: