Sunday, September 30, 2007

Back to Normal !

It looks like things are back to normal again. Does normal means back to insanity? Most of the times, it is better to be in the insane world where things are sane than in the sane world where things look insane.

I spent some time with a Pinoy friend of mine discussing about the political things in that country and that person even doesn’t care about it... not coz of ignorance but coz of lack of faith in the system. Sort of similar reaction from a U.S friend.

At one side of the world, monks got killed by police (Myanmar) and another side (Philippines) police got killed by terrorists!. Pakistani Cricket Captain thanked Muslims around the world for supporting them and the Pakistani Christians who actually supported Pakistan team, got hurt! Many sports persons asked this question whether they were playing for a religion or a country. And it is said that the Captain had to explain things again……

So, things were normal this week. So I thought I will accept one more friend from another country. But my wife told me sarcastically

“Please, don’t add any more friends; you can’t handle not even one”

Is that true? I don’t think so. It is not the friendship that is tough to handle but (may be) the emotions. Our emotions towards all our friends are not the same, always. That is the normality.

When I looked back to my childhood, I realized that I never had a friend to whom I talked everything. I had many friends but with each one I had a set of topics to share and there were common things we talked out commonly.

If I had the experience of handling more than one friend why can’t I handle a single friend? What does it mean? Was that a joke? What is the most common ‘trouble’ with friendships? What are the things we need to keep in mind in a friendship? Is friendship something we need to take initiative and make, or does it just happens? How can we avoid disappointments? How can we avoid getting hurt?

Lots and lots of things came into my mind….

But sorry am going to take a break……

No comments: