Sunday, February 03, 2008

Me in Me out !

Things in and around me were of things which gave happy and unhappy moments. The happy part is that there came a fair in my neighborhood. I did not visit the entire fair, though it was a very small one. I saw many stalls when I passed that play ground where they organized the fair. I can see the Giant wheel from my apartment and hear the scream of kids when they ride. I could hear some band singing...

There was a small book fair too where they had new and used books at a discounted price and I took my wife and son there, though I felt a vertigo feeling plus headache, I did not want to disappoint them and God blessed me. They were happy to grab some books at bargain price. Wife wanted to buy some books of a particular author and when we checked out the book store, it was bit expensive. But those books came to our place at a discounted price. That’s wonderful. I really wanted that to happen so that I can save some money by not buying the books from the store.

Another good thing is that my son managed to find the missing page from one of his Text books for which the teacher sent a note and I had to sign.

On the other side, there came a annoying but brilliantly coded adware/malware along with a game and survived many anti-virus and antispyware which asked the attention of my ache filled head..


I was observing what is happening with me. Take every system that works in our body. It’s a wonder. Same with digestive system too

Our food needs to be digested and for that our body produces acids like Hydrochloric Acid and then some enzymes etc. What if that acids stay there for longer than it required, or there is nothing to get digested? It will start ‘digesting’ the intestine wall itself !

When we say we have a bad stomach, may be it’s a dyspepsia (not diarrhea), resulting in heart burn, discomfort, fullness etc etc.

But in my case, it wasn’t just a dyspepsia. Acids played there game and it developed into GERD (Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Diseases) resulting in an early stage of Esophagitis. This gave me upset stomach, heartburn, chest pain, and moreover, severe headache….

Sleeping in a proper position is very important in any form of acidity related issues to avoid the Acid Reflux. But since I have Cervical Spondylosis , I cant even use a regular pillow and acid enjoyed its journey upwards giving me sleepless nights which again created acidity which again caused sleepless nights and so on …. It’s a vicious cycle which I needed to break it somewhere…..

Another strange thing is the night mares when I fell asleep at some point of time… I woke up coz of these mares with headache and chest pain, which looked like Anxiety. May be there was some stress-agitation-irritability-worry factor too.

So, finally I met my doc and he even suspected an amoebiasis to add to my worries. He gave a combination of Allopathic and Homoeopathic medicines. I thought he might give some anti-stress or anti-depressants since there is this chest pain and pumping headache which is a typical Anxiety symptom but to my surprise he did not (it was a disappointment coz, those drugs could have given me GREAT sleep). And that is where the homoeopathic medicine fit into. I looked at him with a suspicious look (“are you sure that that will take care of my sleep?”).

Thus the treatment started first by asking my body to not to produce any acid at night, by using a Proton Pump Inhibitor (a drug). And, though I was very doubtful about the silly homoeo medicine, my nightmares got stopped.

Overall, I liked the whole mechanism created by God. I was observing all these stuffs happening in my own body. But I wonder how He connected dreams with this and how these can be handled by a herb (that homoeo medicine is made from a plant).

Now I need to watch on what I eat, when I eat, when I sleep etc….and I hope I will be fine in a week or at least in 10 days or so…

God, my buddy, I am not seeing any fault from your side, so am not angry with you… things are like this as long as our stay is here in Planet Earth, isn’t it so?

No comments: