Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Prayer works?


I had a small clash with somebody regarding prayer and mantras. Does prayer work? I think so, coz mind can play many strange things and our minds are actually floated in a Big mind. So, one mind affecting another through the Big mind is very much possible. But it has its limitations, I understand that.

Anyway Thanks for the link supplied by that person which is against prayer..

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3193902.stm)

That link tell us about a research by Duke University Medical Center wherein they found out that prayers offered to 750 patients ( who underwent heart operation), by Muslims, Christians, Buddhists and Jews went in vain.

Well, as with any other research, you have for and against research papers to support your views. Just look for it and you get it.

I am not here for any argument. Everybody has got their right to believe in whatever they want to and to what depth one can go into it. (But I personally might suggest using some common sense)

I just want to say one thing – please don’t ask me or anybody who believes in prayer questions like:

I prayed a lot but still I failed in the exam, why?
I prayed, but my hair did not grow, why?
I prayed but I did not get my man/girl, why?
I prayed, but I could not save his/her life, why?
I prayed but my illness did not go, why?
I prayed but the team I supported did not win, why?
I prayed for the terrorism to end, but it did not, why?
I prayed – if there is a God, turn this red rose into white, it did not work, why?
I happened to drink castor oil but I prayed , I still got lose motion, why?
My computer is infected, I prayed all day and night, but it did not work, why?

The list is very long...

But why many such things happen? That’s where the Karma theory fits into. You hit your head on the wall and there comes a bump. That is the Karma or cause and effect. The prayer can’t help you avoid a bump so with your Karma. Prayers’ interfering into karma is a complicated thing. Why somebody did suffer of something and did not respond to your prayer? Is it coz God is not capable of healing it? Nope, but He has already defined some rules for this planet. Yes, nature has some rules. God is not available for your tests, it’s disappointing but that is the truth.

If you are an atheist, you can stay as an atheist. Well, if somebody is forcing God stuff on you, you have all the right to counter it with your logics coz, atheists also has got a place in this world.

I read a lot of science. And I look into the logic even when I read scriptures. But there are some moments where I felt like to keep away the science for a moment and look at the creators hand behind it and wonder about it. It has nothing to do with prayers but since prayer is connected to God, this thought just came into my mind.


I happened to go through one of such moments, sometime ago. On the way to a vacation trip, I passed a bird sanctuary. If somebody asks me the way to that place, right now, I don’t remember it at all. But anyway, it was only 200-250 km, away from my house. That place was known for migrating birds. Flocks of birds come to this place, every year, after travelling at least thousand kilometers. But these birds know the exact route to this place! I have experience of losing way to my home even within my own city but these guys know how to go back to their homeland, which is thousands of miles away!!!

Look at the hands behind it. Isn’t it a WOW! thing?

No comments: