Monday, January 19, 2009

A Breakkkk

Sometimes, whether it’s a vacation or not, a break is a break. This was such a time. I was mostly driving, or walking. Physically, it wasn’t a relaxing one but really tiring. The hot weather did its contribution. My wife asked me many times

“How did you live in this place for these many years?”

Well, sometimes even I wonder. Coz, it was me who was sweating all the time. I always wished to live in colder regions. This travel was a testing time for me as far as my legs are concerned. It ended up in real pain, which I did not expect. One thing I love about the long drives is that this feeling “oh, finally I can use the 5th gear”. We hardly get any chance to use the top gear when we drive in this city. Another thing is that I can drive very fast, though its bit risky sometimes. On the other side, during this particular travel, I drove in 2nd gear in highway for about a kilometer, for the first time in my life so far. There was this hellish traffic, even in highways.

My native city changed a lot. Better roads, more buildings, new apartments, new super markets…

It looked like its season for evangelists. I saw many such stuffs happening in many places. The most interesting thing is their new technique. Most of them had a Hindu name to catch more Hindus. Though they were addressing a group of poor people the preacher/performer was in expensive suit. May be they are hardcore fans of Benny Hinn. During this drive, I even thought:

“What will happen to the poor Hindus, after a decade?”

That thought hit a dead end, when I personally met some Christian foreign nationals who were after Hinduism. When I said “Hi” and extended my hand, they said “Namaste”. It’s picking up very fast in the Europe. Good to see them but sometimes I feel it unfortunate to see Americans and Europeans coming here and teaching us about our own stuffs. (Many a times I depend on a website by a German to find the meanings of Sanskrit words ! ) I had attended one meditation session conducted by one American Guru. I was just curious about him. But he proved that he had spent enough time studying our culture and related stuffs.

I went to a nice restaurant. I had never been there. And I even had no idea that such a restaurant exists in my city. May be its new. Lots and lots of food, both veg and non veg. It was like a feast ...only limitation was the capacity of our stomach. This still remains as a good memory of this trip.

I did not get enough time to meet any of my old friends and I feel very bad about it.

For the first time, I took ‘sea bath’ and I think I should thank my cousin for that. It was he who gave me some tips about playing with the sea. When I got hit by a BIG wave, I felt the power of the sea. I even got bruised. No wonder ancient Indians started respecting sea and even worshipped. But I couldn’t help smiling and thanking God for doing such a wonder creation. Yes, we can feel God in such occasions. The sunset was fantastic.

God, I love you…

No comments: