Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh God Beautiful...

I just happened to see the picture of Sri.Paramhansa Yogananda. I thought of him for a moment. Tried to recollect his autobiography. Well, that act helped me remind myself that I don’t have a good memory since most of the ‘search’ did not return any result. I have great respect for him though I am not his devotee. There is a song sung by him and his devotees in his ashram or in yoga camps. I am an Indian, swami Yogananda was also an Indian but I first heard that song sung by an American. I sung that song with an American…strange. And that was for the first time I was seeing a twelve string guitar. He was really good at it. I still love that song (or prayer)….

O God Beautiful; O God Beautiful;
At Thy feet, O I do bow.
In the forest Thou art green;
In the mountain Thou art high;
In the river Thou art restless;
In the ocean Thou art grave.
O God Beautiful; O God Beautiful!
At Thy feet, O I do bow!
To the serviceful Thou art service;
To the lover Thou art love;
To the sorrowful Thou art sympathy;
To the yogi Thou art bliss.

No comments: