Friday, April 17, 2009

Ooops @ Hong Kong

I wrote my earlier Hong Kong blog in a hurry. There was this slight jet lag, when I was writing that. Jet lag is nothing but lack of sleep to which I am used to. But after writing, when I went through it, it was a surprise – lots of mistakes. (Lack of sleep can do many such wonders. I have experienced it. Math related things are difficult during that kind of state. I have this experience of sitting with ‘how do I do this’ feeling when I had to solve some basic fraction problems. Remembering math tables too becomes difficult during that time) I fixed most of them and then published it. I think I missed out many little little things. Some observations, some incidents, names of many places I passed…

One thing I observed during the 4 days of stay there in Hong Kong is that I did not see any local people with dandruff. And some guys don’t even comb their hair.

A Muslim lady wearing burkha approached me and asked :
“Excuse me, are you a Muslim?”
“No”
“Can you please tell me where I can get halal meat?”
Very funny! When she asked me that, I was in look out for vegetarian food !!

Some of my regrets during this visit – 1. Did not find out Bruce Lee’s house. I can’t believe that I completely forgot to enquire about it. The authorities are busy making it into a museum and I hope this will get added to the tourist info, very shortly. 2. Not eating food from Po Lin monastery 3. Not eating egg tart (suggested by super star Jackie Chan in Travel and Living TV channel). 4. Missing out to take some particular/critical photos – like the food at the vegetarian restaurant and we eating it with chop sticks. And then the picture building where I stayed….there was many such silly things

There was a pleasant surprise (may be for Indians) and big relief - Taxis; they wont cheat. They will put meter and will return the change. They wont ask more money from a tourist.

There is this ‘feeling guilty thing’ too, in connection with this trip. I did not inform any of my friends (with whom I was in touch or with whom I used to share such info) about my vacation. I thought I will send a card from Hong Kong and thus I can give them a surprise. When I could not do that, I felt guilty (may be for no reason).

These are the things I remember for the time being

No comments: