Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Unplanned Pregnancy

When I was active in Yahoo Answers, I have seen many types of questions flooding there. People ask different types of questions – intelligent ones, doubts, technical questions and even questions like ‘I want to change my name, can you suggest any? Among those, one strange and interesting question I have seen, asked by many, is

“My period got skipped, I am afraid..am I pregnant?”

I don’t know whether the asker was serious about her question or not. But I happened to see that question many times (asked by different people), even in some other forums. Some say they are now living in agony, fear and tension.

I do understand the fear and tension part (from the point of a husband over an unplanned pregnancy). But I don’t understand why people live in confusion mixed with panic and run here and there looking out for a solution. Here is what one can do in such situations (any suspected pregnancy cases), it’s very simple.

If you are sure that you did not have any sex, relax, unless you are a character in a myth or holy story.

If you did, that too unprotected one, go and get a home pregnancy test kit, right away. You need only one USD (or less)or its equivalent, about two-three drops of your urine (collected in the early morning, for best results) and less then five minutes time. If you see only one distinct line, RELAX and if you see two distinct lines, fix an appointment with a gynecologist, ASAP, coz the situation demands it (well, if you did not see any mark, go and get another kit).

Yes, the earlier the better, in both cases – 1. You want the baby 2. You don’t want the baby. If you want the baby, you need care and need to seriously watch what you eat, especially the over the counter medicines for silly pains, aches, cough, cold, flu etc. if you don’t want the baby, then also earlier the better coz in the very early stage of pregnancy, its easy to do the MTP (Medical Termination of Pregnancy) using a couple of tablets (else it could be a day’s affair spending more money and time)

Yeah, that it.

No comments: