Saturday, May 19, 2007

Topperless!

I was wondering how this world would be without college toppers and rank holders. When the results for my 10th exam came, one of my schoolmate (Hari) got the second rank in my state, another one got 10th rank (John Joseph, who at least used to smile at me) and I think my 7th standard science teacher’s son Santhosh George also got some ranks….after some years, one of my relatives came out with 4th rank in SSLC (10th grade) exam. There came many more ranks in medical and engineering entrance exams from my college then……..John also got some ranks I think. He was in my class during PUC or (11 and 12 grade) – ( I was out of the class most of the time….lol)

But where are they? The cream students? ….that relative of mine ended up as a bank officer…….and John became a Surgeon. ….no idea about others….

I am not concluding on anything, I do have respect for all those toppers and their valuable contributions, but sharing something that I found interesting…..look at some of these people from many walks of our life – science, literature, business, music, sports, invention, service, politics…..

Albert Einstein (continued his education later)
Bill Gates
Bryan Adams
Princess Diana
Christina Aguilera
Dhirubhai Ambani (self made Indian businessman – billionaire)
Boris Becker
Pierce Brosnan
Jim Carrey
Charlie Chaplin
Charles Dickens
Agatha Christie
Jackie Collins
Christopher Columbus
Sean Connery
Daniel Craig
Tom Cruise
Johnny Depp
Cameron Diaz
Celine Dion
George Eastman
Thomas Alva Edison
Michael Faraday
Henry Ford
Benjamin Franklin
Harry Houdini
Elton John
Nicole Kidman
John Major
George Michael
Marilyn Monroe
Roger Moore
Florence Nightingale
Al Pacino
Alexander Pope
William Shakespeare
George Bernard Shaw
George Washington
Walt Disney (received honorary high-school diploma from hometown high school at age 58).

This is only part of the list which is very long….

All these people were dropouts…..a couple of them continued studies but they weren’t toppers for sure.

May be this is an interesting post for my son!!!

Grrrrrrrr, you better study.

No comments: