Sunday, November 25, 2007

Another Week Gone!

There goes one more week. Sometimes it looks like the time flies. These days I am not putting much effort to keep my blog very alive. This happened coz, I put my effort on brushing up some of my software lessons, added some more applications to my software collections(this again required some research), took some personal time to help some of my friends who faced some computer related issues, spend some time with my net friends….(these are the things that came into my mind).

I talked/listened to about many things, like computer (related), marriage, number of kids we need to have, pregnancy and family planning methods, circumcision, reading habits, migration to Canada, etc ….

But there was one thing (other than software) which came repeatedly in many conversations, Religion.

It gave an idea about how people are ‘bound’ by religion. Some of them can’t put nail polish since their religion doesn’t permit it. Some of them are not permitted to use condoms, some of the are not allowed to abort an unwanted pregnancy, some of them are not permitted to use any birth control methods….and most interestingly, someone said ‘ premarital sex is considered as a mortal sin in our community’, which was very interesting (coz, that person’s country is world’s one of the top sex tourism place; a country where lots of pre marital pregnancy happens, where abt 23% (as per 2004 survey of UNESCO – youth aged between 15 to 24 years) of the young indulge in sex before marriage and where this person’s religion has an 80- 85% domination among the population!!!!)

Some people use religious beliefs very 'conveniently'.


I am happy that I gave enough logic/moral support to one of my friends to go ahead with a birth control method. These days, brining up a child is not easy but very expensive. And being a parent has the responsibility to give good/best education and other amenities to our child. If we ‘produce’ children like dogs or pigs, just coz religion doesn’t allow us to do a birth control, will the religions fund the education? Will the religion fund all the upbringing cost? Nope. And the notable part is, the attitude of the people and government in developed countries are different. We need to have a modern view.

Yes, in olden days, among farmer families, they had many children. This was mainly to avail cheaper labor by using the children (I dont mean kids) to help them. Education wasn’t a big issue then.

Religion and its scriptures should help humans to ‘open the eyes’ and not to put a blind.

No comments: