Monday, November 26, 2007

My Best Friend!!

I forgot to add one more topic that I happened to discuss last week – Best friend (and yes a little about boy friend too).

When I got asked ‘who is your best friend in real?’, I wasn’t able to give an immediate answer, though one name jumped into my mind...

It was like this, a friend of mine talks about being sad and I give a suggestion to talk to her best friend. Then comes the answer that, this person doesn’t have any best friend. It wasn’t a shock for me, but I actually thought she might have one, since she had lots of friends.

She never felt the need for having a best friend…Now one thing is becoming more clearer. Many people in this world don’t understand friendship or may be the need for a friendship. Many of then never got any chance to think in that direction since they always had many people around them. May be they gets acquainted with many people and they call them as friends.

Then why I wasn’t able to answer? Her question was ‘who is your best friend in real?’…Yes, in real


As I have written somewhere, sometime ago, a best friend is a friend with whom we are most comfortable with. And the practical reality is that there is no point in having a 'one- way best friend' relation and calling him/her as your best friend.

Why?

One might be comfortable with the other and what about the other person? What if he/she is not comfortable in the same way? Within this ‘comfort’ level comes the likeness or love , trust, care, understanding etc.

So, I said, ‘look, presently, what I have around me are virtual friends’.

But though I said that, I thought at least some of my virtual friends might be happy to meet me in person.

Today that thought came again in my mind for a recheck…

Does it mean that virtual friends can’t be best friends?

I still haven’t lost my hope.

No comments: