Monday, November 12, 2007

Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Long ago, I used to write Book Reviews in an (well known) online store portal. And I wasn’t a blogger that time. I thought I will post (repost?) a couple of them here in this blog.

I will start with a the book ‘Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach. I felt like adding some more , but I didnt...

Find that perfection, May 20, 2005

First published in 1973 and still people reads it. And that tells it. You might get a glimpse of Jesus in this book...This book teaches:


- Don't think that you are limited
- Don't give up - Love ` your flock'
- Don't just try but feel
- don't just try to find who you are but understand that you are that " ....you must begin by knowing that you have already arrived.."

- The real question of why are we here...

" do you have any idea how many lives we must have gone through before we even got the first idea that there is more to life than eating, or fighting, or power in the Flock? A thousand lives."

" ...and another hundred again to get the idea that our purpose for living is to find that perfection and show it forth"

Not just that, I just mentioned a few.

I personally love photography; I own two good cameras too. But do we really need this much of gull photos in this book just to add more pages and price? Yes, it holds some values and you will like reading this book. (If your likeness is Biology, don't choose Trigonometry to avoid disappointment)


No comments: