Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Week Ago

No posts for many days….huhuhu

This doesn’t mean that nothing happened or my brain is dead. I was after many other things which included downloading some software and exploring them and reading some books. Well, I wasted a lot of time also, but sometimes it happens in our life, not being productive. In between, there were cricket matches played between India and Pakistan (India won the series though one more match is left, with a lead of 3-1 in the 5 match one day series).

One of my friends fell ill during this period. But she escaped from a near pneumonia. So, it’s a mixed feeling leaving a relief as the final output.

Me as well as my country got teased by some of my friends. I even had a friend who believed we Indians don’t have toilets at home! Another person did not believe that I live in 11th floor (coz she thinks there are no high rise buildings in India!!!). Then I thought of writing something about India. That blog got written only in my mind.

A Christian friend justified drinking alcoholic beverages. Then I thought about Jesus. I never heard that he ever was drunk. I have read another interesting thing about the wine Jesus made, when he performed his first miracle - some scholars said it wasn’t fermented wine.

For the first time, somebody did not laugh at my arranged marriage. But it even brought that person think about how Isaac and Rebecca got married. And even agreed with me when I said – as per Bible, love starts after marriage and not ‘first you love and then you marry’. This was a surprise thing happed during these period.

I read the ‘Tuesdays with Morrie’, during this period. This is one of the books which many people consider as their favorite one, in my friendship/social network portal. But after reading this book, I really wondered why or what aspect those people found interesting in this book, since it had multiple dimensions and I had some idea about many of them (who like this book). I might write about this book later.

It was Deepavali festival during this period. And I was greeted by some of my (non Indian) friends which was a real surprise for me.

I happened to think about the gender of God. I could not convert those thoughts into typed words. But I will be writing about it, very soon.

There also was a leading-to-nowhere discussion about vegetarianism, rebirth and organ donation. We were at the opposite sides minus the friendship. Me a veg, doesn’t object the re-birth theory, and don’t have any problem in donating organs. And at the other end it was a person who had the opposite views.

Somebody (our acquaintance) asks lot of things about you. Does it show the person’s concern/love/friendship/care for you?

Well, sometimes it can be mere curiosity. Yup, this was one of the thoughts that revisited me this week

No comments: