Thursday, September 25, 2008

Keeping the Hopes Alive !

Sometimes it is like that, things won’t go in our way. After all, why should everything come in our way? There won’t be any fun or challenge in our life, in that case. Now that my elbow welcomed an injury. Right knee and left elbow..it looks like a nice combination. God, sometimes you are really funny. But do you know how frustrating it is? Sometimes it even can give us disappointment and even depression , that too when other things around us go in a not-so-good manner.

Is there any state of mind in our lives where people grow to a level where they gets tired of somebody? I don’t know, may be people grow to such a level. But I never thought I will start thinking in that direction at least at this stage. Isn’t it too early to think so? It’s not a period of clarity but of confusions.

I got reminded of a moment in the past.


I was working as an Audit Assistant with a Chartered Account (CA/CPA). I wasn’t decently paid. Why should I be, in the first place?

(When I approached him, he said he don’t need any staff. I was a fresher. Then I gave him an offer which he could not easily resist.

“You don’t pay me for three months, then if you like my work, then you take me and pay me”

He took me, and he decided to keep me and pay me from the fourth month)

My senior decided to quit all of a sudden since he got a very good offer. In that firm, I was known as his assistant, since I was handling some of his private work and after all it was he who introduced me to my boss.

The day my senior put up his papers. Boss passed me. He stopped for a while and said to me:

“You too can try for another job if you want, you will be paid much better than this” was he bit sarcastic too?

May be he was in a confusion. May be he didn’t want to take another chance. May be he was thinking of a plan B. May be he just expressed his frustration over me. May be he was even my well-wisher, who knows?

Yes, it’s a state of confusion these days. What to do or what not to do… should I or shouldn’t I…… that’s how things will look around you when you are confused. Lack of sleep is a nice thing to help you, if one wants to oil the fire. So I straight away asked a friend of mine:

“i hope you will be my friend even in the years to come..”

Came a reply:

“i will. i promise you”

And she looked confident and smiling.

That made me happy. It’s a nice feeling being happy. But I thought of promises and the act of keeping the promises. Can we keep all our promises? May be the newer situations in our life could dilute it. Or may be those dilutions are acts of necessity.

So?

So , there is at least hope. After all, we don’t have to pay tax to keep a hope in our heart..... After all, that’s why I fixed an appointment with a new doc, this weekend…, coz, my hopes are alive...



No comments: