Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Black Man in the White House..

I wished so…I wanted it to be…and I knew it…

Its Barack Obama. He became the first African American president of the U.S…... Congratulations..

I was just listening to the first public speech given by him after him being elected as the President. Wow! What an orator he is. What a public speaker!

No idea whether he will be as friendly as Bush or Clinton, but we the Indians preferred Obama to win. He carried a lucky charm given to him by the American Indians, the idol of Ganesha, who is the destroyer of obstacles. There were prayers and poojas offered for him in lots of Temples. Personally, I too prayed for him.

It’s a good sign that the people of U.S thought against skin color. He wouldn’t have won had the whites did not vote for him. It’s a comprehensive win and it shows he got lots of white vote (it is said that half the whites voted for him).

It was really surprising for me that some people, who are not considered as white by the real whites, even questioned the purity of his blood. For a moment, I was thinking ‘Are we going back to the Nazi era?’

Is Hitler back? He is not dead.. He still lives in the hearts of many.

No comments: