Monday, November 10, 2008

Lies Hurt...

Today, two of my friends lied to me. And I felt hurt. I just want to throw it away. But there is nobody (human) to listen to me. So thought I just write it here, straightaway…Its not a complaint…No, I don’t have any complaints..

Now it became more clear to me why and how the ‘stamps’ originated…why registered letters originated…in the electronic era, why mail clients implemented acknowledgement option..and so on.

This reminds me of one of the biggest lies I ever faced. A person asks me to wait at a particular place by 9 am. I, along with my brother-in-law arrive there at 8.45 and waits till 9.30. He did not turn up. Brother-in-law calls up and fixes another appointment and we wait another day. He came and asked me:

“Why you did not come the other day?”

“WHAT? We came on time and waited half an hour. Its YOU who did not turn up”

“NO, I came exactly at 9 YOU did not come.”

“You are lying” there was a change in my tone and my brother-in-law interferes and tells:

“Hey, it’s ok, drop it”

Lies can weaken any relationship, including friendships. Lies when found out causes losing respect. It builds up a gap. Once your lie is caught, you can hardly pretend. And even if you pretend, it won’t look nice; in fact it might look ugly. If you cant help lying, use lies that go with the other person’s intellect and don’t just try to fool others. Before you lie about things where technology is involved, be a little more careful. If the other person is technically good, respect that instead of telling more lies to cover the first one. Coz, for those who have a heat that can feel,

It really hurts…

No comments: