Thursday, July 26, 2007

RIP day with Mom

Mom got admitted to this hospital on 15th ,Sunday. I left from this place on Monday afternoon, by car…..wife was too much worried about me driving all the way to native place, alone, (she had one exam to give) that too with a not-so-good mindset (abt 650 km to hospital and 735 km to my home), and I usually drive very fast.

I felt like calling one of her (wife’s) cousins and within half an hour, he was ready to come with me, since he too wanted to visit somebody at his native place. Our destinations were different, but only a few kilometers away (may be abt 50). Thus 'traveling alone' part was well answered by Him. My ‘lost’ friend came back and was in touch with me, so felt like something which was heavy got melted. Thus, my mind was clearer.

Since I was supposed to give blood, I avoided continuous travel and hence stopped at mid night. Continued next day morning… dropped him on the way and reached hospital by noon/after noon (around 2 pm).

I wasn’t satisfied with the feed backs given by those who were with mom. So, I personally met the doc. He gave me an overall pic.



  • She is chronic anemic
  • There is internal bleeding which he don’t know why (he had plan to do some other test)
  • Her both kidneys are ‘affected’
  • Generally, she is very weak
  • She was under malnutrition

I told him that I want to shift her from this hospital to my proper native place and he asked me to give him 3 more days for that.

I asked permission to see her (usually they wont allow visitors inside the Intensive Care Unit) and he granted. Even my sister could not see her till that day.

I saw her. From her look, it was very clear and obvious that she wanted to see me. Or was she waiting for me?

I stared at her and I felt like she won’t live longer. I just touched her hand. She said she feel sleepy and want to sleep. She closed her eyes, but I mentally wished her ‘Rest In Peace’. I don’t know why.

She did not die, she woke up next day (ie, 18th July 2007) or that’s what the hospital staff said. They asked my sister to bring tea for her. She brought. Hospital people said she asked for water and they gave.

But then the duty doc called me inside and took me to my mom. (Sister was again unlucky, she could not see her). She was in a different bed which had many equipments around. But she was bleeding from mouth. She vomited blood, better put. She looked unconscious and her pulse was very feeble. I was sure that she won’t survive, but asked the doc, ‘will she survive’? That lady doc, who was very young, was a lil tensed and she shook her head. I told her, ‘Its OK’.

I stood outside with sis and they called once again. This time sister also came with me. But the doc said ‘she left’. Me and my sister, both, did not cry. I went to that body and had a silent communication.

Death is the ultimate truth we can predict with 100% surety. Only thing is we don’t know when and how. But it happens and it finds some reason/reasons. When the soul finds that it can not use this body anymore, it leaves.

Mom, Rest In Peace !

No comments: