Sunday, January 20, 2008

Vague Weekend Thoughts ...

I had posted a prayer request. Thanks for those who joined me for the prayer, my friend is very much better now.

..................................... ***...............................................

A relative of mine gave birth to a baby boy today

..................................... ***...............................................

My brother-in-law’s best friend came to invite me for his marriage, today. And I was happy to talk to a pleasant guy in person (and to his mom too)

..................................... ***...............................................

I happened to be in touch with an old friend of mine who said she might be available in a different IM. Hence I installed it. but we could not chat except for the new year eve or so. Coz, there is a time difference of 3 and a half hours (ahead of my time) and hence she comes online when it is 11.30 pm. This is the story of why I installed that IM.

One day somebody said hi to me and I too responded to that hi. That person’s profile said that ‘he’ is from China and is 22 years old. Since I setup that IM just for somebody else, I did not furnish any info other than what was compulsory. He said he is working with an Indian company in china (a software giant).


Days passed ...We talked a lot about many things – the present scenario of software industry, China’s trade with the US, tiananmen square student protest, Bruce Lee, kung-fu, availability of vegetarian food in china, languages in India, the US playing the world police…… and I considered that I finally got a native person from china as my friend. One day I happened to say ‘ my wife….’

“Your wife?....oh no!, all these days I thought you are a woman and I thought I got a women to chat with...”

That was his response….how does it happen? How can Jay be a female name? I don’t know, but he said he searched for females and I happened to be listed there since I have not specified any gender (such people will be listed in both, it seems). He did not ask me and he did not even observe my male way of observation and thinking.

So, I asked him

“So, if you knew that I am a male, you wouldn’t have said even a hi to me, right?”

“Perhaps, yes….but now it doesn’t matter”

..................................... ***...............................................

That reminds me another incident.

When I was using yahoo, a pop up came saying hi. I too said hi. After some formal how are you stuff I got this shocking request from him:

“Can I see your b**bs please…..please please”

So, I replied this way:

“I am very sorry, I cant do that”

“pleeeeease” he pleaded to me

“Sorry to disappoint you, but I don’t have b**bs coz am very much a man” I told him and then he just disappeared.

It seems, he did not check any thing about me in my profile coz he was in a hurry to see my non-existing ...(you know what)

..................................... ***...............................................


Life is unpredictable


Yesterday I was having two chats at the same time. One I thought will be a pleasant one and one I considered as an unpleasant one. At the end, the unpleasant chatter said:

“you ARE a very good friend”

The pleasant chatter said:

“You are having an unpleasant chat with me..grrrrrrrrrrrrrr ….bye”

. . * * * . .

It is not easy for me to go to sleep with an irritated mindset. My wife knows this and I reminded her yesterday with a request :

“please don’t irritate me when I am about to goto bed”

But she did irritate me, went to bed and within seconds she slept….

And me? ...

No comments: