Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year !!!


Well its Happy New Year today. During December, 2007, I thought I will note down all the events which somehow touched my life during that year. But, most of the time I forgot, when I remembered, I wasn’t near my laptop or it was switched off. When everything was fine, I thought I will note it down just after finishing what I was doing. And the final result is, I did not note down anything at all.

One thing I can not forget is my mother’s death plus some unpleasant experiences there after(from my relatives). If I minus my mom and things connected to her, 2007 was a nice year for me. Hmmm, may be I need to minus some clashes with one of my friends and the its impacts on me, two three times..

I don’t know what I should call when something happen at the end of a year. Is it the start of something or end of something? If the new year carries it on, may be we can call it it’s part of the new year. And astrologically, there is cusp period.

2007 definitely was dominated by friendships. I met new friends. And an old friendship came to a ‘better understanding’, though it had to travel through some misunderstandings. 2007 offered me some strange people in the form of friendship.

I used to presume certain basic things (like some basic knowledge background on general things, ability to grasp things, better familiarity with the specialized qualification, idea about the world around us etc etc) based on a person’s educational qualifications. That means, I expect certain things from them,based on how educated they are. A baby sitter showed more maturity and understanding than an engineer and thus questioned me of my own presumptions. And when we presume, sometimes our talks might go in some unexpected directions.

This happed to me and even affected a friendship in an unknown manner. 2008 might tell me how much damage it had done.

It doesn’t matter what path we are into. We should not stand still. Keep walking. Climb heights. And moreover, its always good to understand that there are many other people, faith, path, countries, cultures, believes, fashion trends, mountains, valleys, rivers, plants, animals, eating habits, habits, outlooks etc etc etc around us. If we don’t understand this very basic thing, we might hurt others, might get laughed at and more over live like the frog in the well !!!

My name sounded normal (when I am called Jay) and my wife’s and son’s name sounded strange to one of my friends. And when I got asked ‘why is all these names are like this’ , as if I don’t know how to pronounce my wife’s name, or sounded like ‘there is something wrong with these pple’, I smelled that lack of such understanding. What was the result? Hurt or irritation or …… I don’t know. But 2007 gifted me with one such a feeling.

As I mentioned in an earlier blog, many of my friends came back to me. Or otherwise, I was able to be in touch with them. Today I received a picture greeting from a friend who I thought I lost for ever, we weren’t in touch for two years or so. And another friend greeted and gifted me with the picture of her family, I thought I lost this person also. We weren’t in touch for 3 years or so.

I hope 2008 will gift me with more true friends, happiness, peace of mind, health and lots and lots of positives things. Let it make me understand more about my negative sides too. I hope I will spend more time to look within me this year.

There wasn’t any celebration for me this new year. Not even a drop of alcohol went inside me (I was lucky that I did not need any cough syrup or any homeopathic medicine, else I wouldn’t have been able to make this statement). Thus I was one of the luckiest to wake up healthily, without any hangover. The eve was just a day spent with my family. Was that all?

Nope. I got many new year wishes and I could wish many too. But a particular wish was so special which came from a hospital. A friend of mine was spending the time in a hospital. And this is the sad thing that happened at the end of 2007. It wasn’t unexpected since it was a delivery. But there came some unexpected things on the way, which wasn’t pleasant to hear or bear.

A good leader got assassinated in our neighboring country. Result of terrorism, power hunger and politics.

So, is New Year a BIG thing? Well, its all marketed now, by business giants and culture giants and lets hope we wont end up paying more tax this year, at the least !!


No comments: