Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Almighty Fool !


How easy it is to cheat/ trick/fool/confuse/mislead God? At least for some, it is very easy.

And still they call him Almighty? Yep, and that’s an interesting thing which shows how convenient some people are with respect to religion. One person believes in some religion and it has got a scripture. Scripture is said to be God’s words. But what if many things in the scripture are not suitable for that person? Follow only those part which is convenient and pretend that ‘I did not see/ I don’t know/am not aware of’ to the other part.

This is what I thought about when I was talking to a friend of mine. She said she is going to get married and it was a surprise for me, coz, what I believed was she was already married and has got a kid too. So I asked her

“Are you not married then?, may I ask”
“Yes, I am… but that man is not worth keeping”
“So, you are going to divorce him?”
“No, we can’t divorce as per our religion, its annulment”
“Hope you wont get angry if I ask something”
“No, just ask”
“You married him after a series of dates and a boy friend-girl friend relation, right?”
“Yes”

I did not ask much, which may not be comfortable for her to answer. But I could not resist asking this:

“What difference it makes, in the post annulment or divorce life? What about remarriage?”

“There is no difference, in both case, one can re-marry”

How can somebody ‘nullify’ a marriage? Do they have a time machine to go back to the past to do that? Coz that is the only way to take away the kids that were born from that relationship. Else they always stand as a living proof. God has kept something called DNA within us. And the DNA test can easily tell who the parents are. That is how God has created us. He and his creations are that much sophisticated than we think.

I never thought ‘divorce’ is against her religion coz, it (splitting up) was quite a common thing among them and hence I checked out what ‘some others’ of her religion has to say about it and …:

I married a wrong person
I love someone else
I don’t love my mate
I have fallen out of love
My mate doesn’t love me
I am unhappy, this can’t be what God wants
We are incompatible
We have grown apart
We were not married in God’s eyes
He/she is not religious/saved
I don’t have peace
We serve a forgiving God so, He will forgive me
He/she committed mental adultery
He/she is alcoholic
He/she don’t make love
He/she is mean to kids
He/she smokes
I cant trust him/her
God doesn’t want me in an unhealthy relationship……..

The list is long…. They call all the above as UNSCRIPTUAL EXCUSES for a divorce/annulment !!!

So, its just a way to bypass the scripture or ‘God’s words’ !! Just use a different word and slightly change the routine process and you are done. God won’t be able to find it out…coz He is a …..

When I was having this conversation, what went through my mind was another anecdote. It happened some 6 years ago. I was doing a computer course and I knew most of the classmates by their name and some were more friendly than others (why I say so is coz, none of them were my friends for real. May be coz of our age difference. I was at least 10 years older than all the fellow students). One day, I happened to take one of those friendly guys’ note books and I saw his name written in a different way. That is there was a middle name too. So I said:

“Oh, so your full name is this’
“No” there came another guy’s voice who also happened to be follower of the same religion.
“Then ..” my face was confused…

The book owner smiled at me. He was a handsome guy and he smiles handsomely too. And he said:

“On the judgment day, God will ask who are all there with the name <> and only they will be resurrected.....”

So, how easy it is to fool the God…just keep that name with you and a seat in the heaven is reserved for you, though that name is not part of any records (like his school records, birth certificate, passport etc). Your acts and deeds here don’t matter, one seat is reserved! What about women? They usually dont have that name with them (this again shows the male domination in this world). Are they not created by God? dont he love them too? …. He can be easily tricked ….And still God is?

ALMIGHTY ! And He knows everything !!

No comments: