Friday, March 28, 2008

No, I am Not...

“Did you go to church with your family?”, she asked me
“I am not a Christian” I said
“Sorry”
“No, its ok”

That was part of a post Easter chat with a friend of mine. I asked her how her Easter was and she said she went to church with her family. Yes, I greeted every Christian friend of mine with whom I am in touch a ‘ Happy Easter’ and yes, I did not forget to wish my Muslim friends a Happy Mowlid Al Nabi.

(How many of my friends have wished me on my festivals, at least one festival? Only two, if I remember correctly).


What does it show? I mean my attitude? Does it mean that I am a pathless man who is wandering around? Somebody who is still in the look out for a ‘path’? Do I believe Jesus gave his life for me and to wash away my sins? Or was I trying to please my friends?

No, I personally don’t believe in such things. I did/do those coz, I respect other religions too . And in doing so, 'My God' will not get angry but instead, He will be very happy …..

No comments: