Monday, March 10, 2008

Busy Bees


Its busy days. People around me are very busy doing many different things and hence there is very little contacts with them, by means of chat or mail or whatever.


Today, one such busy bee took some time and showed up to say hi. That was nice. And how busy am I, personally? I too became busy. Its my son’s final exam time and hence, I need to spent more time than what I usually used to allocate for this purpose. Teaching, revising, making question papers etc …

Since there is nobody to chat with, most of the time, I got some spare time and hence I decided to study more computer. So far, my experience is, anything related to C family of programming language is a jinx for me. But I allocated sometime for it, once again. I don’t know how things will turn around. In the middle, I got attracted to the rifle, AK-47. I used to keep a file folder (physical one and not computer file) named ‘The Stuff File’. I used to scribble about things which I happened to read/researched and got interested. But since couple of years, I forgot about that file and the other day , once again I happened to see it. So, that diverted me to some other places. I realized that I forgot everything that I read about the ‘String theory’ , which is part of theoretical physics. That file lead me to J.C Bose, Einstein, Kalashnikov, some cameras, and other stuffs and hence came in between my computer studies (grrrrrrrrrrrrrr). But it helped me from getting sucked away by the vacuum created by some of my friends.


I spent thinking about two nonsense things that happened around me. One is the arrest of a arms dealer who succeeded (by giving commission/bribe to many politicians and others) to sell some missiles to the Indian Navy. Those missiles always failed in tests, including the trials. What patriotic politicians India has got, WOW! Hats off to them. If there was some provision, they would have sold India to some other country…. Bloody @#$%$#&*

Yesterday, there happened a BIG traffic jam in my city. It all started when an auto rickshaw jumped a traffic signal. Why did he jump the red light? The driver was carrying his father to hospital and that guy was ‘serious’. The police did not allow him to go and the guy died on the spot. Auto guys are known for bad behaviors/underworld connections/criminal activities etc. Within seconds, the place got filled with auto drivers and ‘crowd’. They beat up the policeman who stopped the rickshaw. And blocked the road till higher-ups showed up. I have personally seen police violating traffic rules. One particular incident I clearly remember is that of a pilot vehicle for a minister crossing the road divider and thus violating the one way rule. All the vehicles that followed that police van violated that rule. That too for a worthless politician.

At least here in this case, he was trying to save his father’s life and the police should have considered it as and emergency and given the privilege of an ambulance.

No comments: