Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Date with Tennis

I wrote this a week ago and did not post it...very bad...very bad indeed

04-June-08

When I said ‘ one day I will play tennis’, I never thought that day will come this soon. Coz today I played tennis for the first time in my life. In a proper tennis court with a decent racquet. So, how was it?

May be we started it in a wrong way. That is, my partner, who is not that good a player, did not explain how to play the basic strokes, nor did I ask, since I thought I can do that. Now I understood why Sharapova hit the net many times while serving, though she is world No.1. Tennis is not at all a simple game. That doesn’t mean that it’s a very difficult game. But in tennis, we have a lot to learn. And it will take a lot of time and practice to master it. Shuttle badminton is much easier than tennis. One can learn the basics in a day or two. But in tennis, it takes long even to become comfortable with a stroke (just look at the world champs, even after years and years of practice, in every game, they fail to serve properly, at least a couple of time and it shows the difficulty of the game).

But I am happy that God has given me a chance to try it. He provided a decent racquet and He also provided one of the best tennis balls to play. Strange are his ways.

Thank you GOD.

No comments: