Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Surprises..


Lessons And More Lessons


Its weekend again. I never thought I could play badminton. Coz, usually there will be a big crowd to play. On Saturday, when I peeped into the court, I saw only three people playing. One old man, a lady and a kid. My trainer said it’s a family. I thought:

“This is a chance to play, an old man and a lady, anyway I could win a game”

After sometime (was in the gym), I went to the court and there were more people. Thus, me and another person joined against the old man and another person. And we started playing…

I was not a match for the old man. What I mean is I was nowhere near his caliber. What a fantastic player he was! . we got defeated and I smiled at him and went to him for tips. He pointed out many mistakes in me and said it will take some time and practice to fix those, starting from how I hold the racquet. That was a great lesson playing with him. He had full control over the racquet. And he could place the shuttle where he wanted to. He said he was playing for over 40 years….

And then that lady, I played against her too, who was the old man’s daughter. She has got her dad’s playing abilities and she too was into the game from childhood.

Sunday was a real shocker. I could have played as much as I wanted to. I played a doubles and then they all left except one. He was a damn good player and he won 15-3. I was coming after gym and he made me run by hitting here and there. At the end, he too gave me many tips and told me:


“You just started playing, right?”
“Yes, not even one week”
“Then you are playing well”
“Thank you”
“Want to play one more single game?”
“Nope, I don’t have any energy left…”

The A/C was on in the Billiards room and I sat there to take some rest. Then those guys made me play. But since I paired with a State level player, I could save my face. There too I learnt a lot…

A Birthday Party

Reaching there was a big problem and it even lead to some exchange of words between me and my wife. I had asked her to get the directions well in advance. But that did not spoil the mood. I kept my cool. It was a party arranged by wife’s one of the colleagues. There were lots of fun activities for kids. (Alcoholic) drinks were too arranged for those who drink. I liked the ambiance, arrangements and food. Everything went fine except that while coming back also I had to be a little harsh with wify since I don’t like her interfering with my driving…..

A Dream/Vision:

Crowd. The road was crowded. I could make out which road. It was the one leading to the nearby apartment. Or I better say it was the road just opposite to the entrance of that apartment. A short, fair girl with long straight hair came and stood. She wasn’t a south Indian. I don’t know whether she was even an Indian. She stood near a saloon where I used to get my hair cut. Opposite to it, there was a beauty parlor for women. She did not enter the parlor. She waited there, thinking, then looked at the wrist watch…. May be she was in a hurry, and she disappeared…




No comments: