Wednesday, July 16, 2008

You Dont Understand !


A subordinate wanted to have an one to one with my wife. So, she discussed this with me and asked me to comment on her positives and negatives. Yes, she knows that I am good at understanding people. I don’t want to blog on my wife’s plus and minus. But at some point of time, I told her this:

“There are some kind of people in this world who disclose partial information and lets the other person go for a guess work and on listening to the first guess itself, close the chapter and say “ you don’t understand”. Personally I don’t like that coz, I do understand. I am not talking about people who are debating on rocket science or nano technology but the common man's day to day life. You don’t tell that to me unless you are talking about a complicated SQL statement”


(My wife is exceptionally good with SQL statements and I am nowhere near her, though I too can handle some basic queries.)

Yes, its not a good idea ‘trying to make’ others a fool by not telling what is what or hiding things. May be the other person can understand it. Even after explaining the situation, if he/she cant understand it, give them a chance to say ‘ I don’t understand’. That will be fair.

No comments: