Sunday, February 08, 2009

A maze? or Amaze?

Old days are gone coz they are old. Everything old is not gone...we still see old people and things around. In old days, in a family, members had some kind of role. Then we became modern. Moderns considered the others as countries. These days, in most of the families, members have more identities. This no way mean that this wasn’t the case in those good old days. Well, there is kinda change.

If one member switch off a particular light at night for a couple of days, it becomes his/her job. This is not limited to lights. The list goes on and ‘toilet’ falls somewhere in the list…

Coz we are modern

****

He was sitting near the river, on that rock. He loved that river. The river loved him too. Or that is what he believes. It always was there to soothe his mind. The gurgle of the river is so calming. Though it sounded something same it told different stories. In fact, she always had stories, lots and lots of stories. May be she used to tell them to pebbles. Coz they too have stories to tell.

He remembered that day. He took a small pebble. It looked cute.

“sooo smooth..” He said

“I was rough” said pebble

“really?”

“Yep, very..”

“then what happened?” He asked

“I was proud. I had my sharp edges. I always had the feeling that I am mountain..so I fought…”

“oh”

“I had my identities….”

“Then?”

The pebble smiled at him..and looked at the river….there was silence, the silence which spoke a million words….

The one who always face the south too did the same

The river giggled and he came out of his thoughts..

He did not feel lonely. Though he could not see anybody visible…he had no idea where this river starts from or ends, though it wasn’t secret….

“where are you coming from?” He asked

The river thought for a moment …may be she was thinking where to start from…and whispered to herself

‘so, its back to home’

****

Today, for the first time, a cute little parrot came to my window. It said something which I don’t understand. I tried to take a pic and then it said something which I understood:

“I am camera shy”

No comments: