Monday, October 26, 2009

Chauvinist Jay

I was talking about how a woman should or should not look like. I wasn’t talking about her natural looks. At the end, a friend of mine called me a chauvinist. Then I happened to see a ‘shoutout’ posted in Friendster by a second degree friend of mine ‘Trust no man’…..another friend of mine posted ‘no man is capable of taking care of the family’…

Isn’t it sheer ignorance? Just because one man cheated her (her version, possibly) how can she say ‘trust no man’ as s universal statement? May be she will keep that statement until she falls for another man…if no man can take care of his family, does that mean that I am not a man? so, I wrote to my friend to which she replied ‘ dont take it personal’

When my friend called me a chauvinist, she was kidding, I know….she just wanted to tease me. But is there a chauvinist in me?

Yes, I like women to look like women and not like men. That is my personal preference. A six pack abs is the last thing I want to see in a woman and I think usually we men think that way. Cutting the hair like a boy and dressing like a man will not make a woman a man. There are some women who have strong feminist views. But I wonder, then why do they want to be equal to men? When a woman dress up like a woman, she is not going below a man, on any scale. There is no need to copy a man to show that we are equal to you. It’s too childish.

Nature created man and woman with some general and some distinct characters. When a woman looks feminine, she looks more beautiful, cute, attractive… and not the other way. Yes, there are some boyish girls. In many such cases, if we check the level of male hormone in them, it will be slightly above the normal level from a typical girly girl. This is one reason why some women have mustache or very deep voice. Their outlooks are different. If they are into sports, they easily beat other ladies. I used to play badminton with ladies and I have observed this. We can make out even from the way they walk (girls usually do not walk spreading their legs).

My kind of woman is not somebody who thinks ‘I am equal to man and I want to do everything a man does’… a man is a man and a woman is a woman. So, workouts and gym is only for men? No, not at all. I believe in keeping fit and this applies to women too. When I talked about women and tummy, a friend of mine reacted this way

‘ it is natural for a woman..there is no need to worry about it..if you do not want a tummy, do not get pregnant’.

Is that true?

When she said that, I assumed that ‘ yes, she has tummy and since she could not get rid of it, she is justifying it’. I have a friend who is the mother of 3 kids and where is her BIG tummy? (Hey, if you are reading this, you can blush, OK? That will only make you more girlish, which is cute) I know many other ladies who are mothers but maintain good shape. It’s all about our perspective. I did a small survey and almost every woman wants a trimmed tummy. But many of them are not ready to compromise on what they eat and if they did not get results very soon, they give up their exercise routine.

A woman should be proud of her womanly looks and there is no need to become like a man. Some religions might say men are superior. But I do not believe in that. if there are no women, there are no men and if there are no men, there are no women too. It’s complementary and not contradictory.

No comments: