Friday, October 02, 2009

Eat Rats !

One of my acquaintances asked me to try eating rat meat. She said her country people eat it. She even told me how to cook it. Why should a vegetarian eat rat? She said it’s very tasty. So I asked:

“There are people who eat human fetus. So, if one such person suggests you to taste it, will you try that?”

Her response was that she is not a cannibal, as if it’s very obvious. What amuses me is why that logic is not applicable for a vegetarian when he/she says:

“Sorry, I don’t eat meat because I am a vegetarian”

Is there any need for humans to eat rats, cats, frogs, dogs, cockroaches, worms etc?

First of all, it lacks esthetics. We humans are supposed to be living like humans and not like animals. We are the only creature which is supposed to be made in the likeness of God (as per Bible). We are the only beings who walked through civilizations and got fine tuned.

Assume that the Prime Minister/President of a country where people eat worms or rat is hosting a dinner for his/her counterparts from other countries. Will he/she serve worms and rats? I don’t think so. If somebody serve rat to the U.S. President, it will be considered as an insult, I guess. Because, we humans grew from the primitive stage, long back, though it looks like some people are still not aware of it.

I was asked:

“What is wrong in eating rat?”

As I said, it lacks esthetics, especially when the situation is not survival but just to satisfy an organ of 4 inches called tongue.

This could be one reason some religions specifically asking its followers to avoid meat from certain animals. When it is in their Scripture, many people won’t question it. Because they think that it is God’s words. Those who wrote the book were clever. But we have cleverer people out there.

So, who should eat rats?

Rat is the natural food for cats, snakes, owls, eagle, vulture etc…let us not loot their food.

Some might still ask:

“What’s wrong in…”

There are animals that eat even shit and among the humans we can see the subtle aspects of the entire creation, not just animals.

The choice is ours…

No comments: