Thursday, October 22, 2009

Smile please

We are not sent empty handed into this world. Every one of is ‘gifted’ with something by the creator.

I was trying to understand one friendship, since couple of days.

There are people who can easily smile, possess no inhibitions, very outgoing, can mingle easily with others, shows well mannerism, talks attractively etc….They can easily act or pretend since they are gifted that way…When they combine all their gifts, it’s a lethal combination if their intention is to cheat.

I happened to get acquainted with such a guy. Initially, I did not doubt his credentials though I wasn’t sure about it. Days passed and he looked more and more impressive and some point of time, I even wished

“oh, I wish I could be like him…see how cool he is when dealing with people. Look at his life style…look at the way he speaks….”

Well, when I thought about his life style, it looked like some extravaganza but ‘I pamper myself once in a while’ kept my extravaganza thoughts in a fix.

It was during a process of ‘me trying to help him’ (by referring him to another guy who can be of real help for his present crisis) that this special moment appeared and I started doubting his credentials. I wasted some time to inquire about him using many means and the bubbles started bursting one by one…casual facts looked like factual lies…

And it ended in an anticlimax when my recommendation looked something like this:

“Please do not help the person carrying this letter” !

One of the lessons I learnt from this episode is that don’t fall for the smiles of people coz they smile for many reasons and many a times with deep rooted intensions hidden inside. We humans are the only creature who show our teeth when we are happy. Animals show their teeth when they are angry, though sometimes it looks like a smile.

We humans are gifted (within us) with a pinch of everything in this universe…rock, plants, water, snow, planets,……even animals.

No comments: