Thursday, October 01, 2009

Scrambled Thoughts

There was a flood in Philippines, the other day. Flood or storm is not something new for them; but I thought it affected only Manila and hence I asked a friend who stay in Marikina to update me on another friend who lives in Manila. It is hard to believe but at the end, I got updated by the Manila friend that the Marikina friend is hit by flood….And my worry about a friend who lives near by a river turned negative…

It was bit hard to digest the realities. This is not for the first time I am hearing about a flood or storm. My city got a flood sometime back (a year back or so) and Mumbai too faced a flood. But this was for the first time somebody in my own circle getting affected by it.

I saw lots of people dragging God and faith into it (comments in many sites which reported/showed the flood) and this made me think about the laws of the nature. I was wondering about one thing; it is said that 70% of earth’s surface is covered with water. Why can’t this storm go to some deserted sea area to show its strength? I don’t know.

Today I read the news about the worst draught in African countries, especially in Kenya. People and animals (including cows and elephants) died/dying of draught.

Flood and draught at the same time, though not at the same place; what is the logic behind it?…now that this earthquake in Indonesia killing thousands...plus a Tsunami in South Pacific Islands... God, no wonder you are called G.O.D
***
India's Moon mission disproved some western theories about water in the Moon...
***
Today I saw that lady whom I mentioned in one of my blogs; the one who smiled at me when I could not return couple of shots. She developed knee pain and her doc asked her to stop playing badminton…
***
I never had any idea that a recent friend of mine had a real gun (licensed) at his native place and it was a surprising shock when he invited me for hunting, allowing me to use the gun. But killing animals and me? You got to be kidding…
***
My wife learnt how to make scrambled eggs, finally…

No comments: