Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Preacher

Today I am going to tell a story. A Mulla Nasruddin Story


The old preacher of the neighboring town breathed his last. So, after his death, the people there told Mulla to preach for them.

“I am too tired, please find someone else” said the Mulla

But the crowd compelled him and took him to the dais. Looking at the audience Mulla asked,

“ Do you all know what I am going to speak?”

“Yes”, cheered the crowd.

“As you already know of it, I don’t have to speak” , said Mulla

But the crowd did not leave him.

“We don’t know what you are going to speak, so please speak’, they requested.

“When you don’t know, what is the use of me speaking?” , Mulla asked

Then half the crowd said they know and the other half said they didn’t know what he was going to speak.

So Mulla said to them:

‘In that case, those who know what I am going tot speak, tell it to the others!”,

and he left for home.

No comments: