Thursday, August 28, 2008

Somebody Somewhere...

A couple of years ago I got a forwarded mail. It said many things and I still remember one from that:

“Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.”

I don’t think it’s applicable for me. Anyway, if I don’t know that person, how do I know?

I don’t know..

But there happened two incidents which reminded me of that forwarded mail…. one is a dog incident.

There lives a girl dog in our neighborhood (street dog). She has a husband and had some kids too. I don’t know where those kids are now. It’s a black dog. Since she is not fed well, it’s thin. She doesn’t know my whereabouts, that I watch her daily, that sometimes I talk about her to my wife and son…. and that I am a well-wisher of hers…..

I was partly a science student and I have dissected cockroaches, earthworms and frogs. I am a vegetarian and handling meat or even watching how fish or meat getting cut was not part of my life (but I have personally seen it couple of times). So, when I was asked to cut a frog for the first time, I couldn’t do that (live one under sedation). I was sitting with two of my friends, me in the middle. I still remember that scene. I asked the guy who was sitting right to me to do that for me. He smiled at me and did that for me (he always had a smile for me but once he gave me a near heart attack …well, off topic and will tell it later). I saw its heart beating…the lungs….and the water in the tray became reddish coz of the blood…. Overall it wasn’t a nice sight for me. But I don’t remember whether I got a headache or not…..

(I think I wrote this in an old blog) One afternoon I heard a dog crying. I looked through the window and saw some dog catchers trying to catch that black dog. The dog struggled and almost jumped out of the net. They caught again. It cried out of fear than pain I think. And I developed a headache…I just prayed for the dog.


Next day I saw that dog standing there as if nothing has happened (coz they took the dog for sterilization/vaccination and then left her back) and I said in my mind:

“You stupid dog! After giving me a headache, how dare you stand like that?”

I felt happy to see her back. I even felt like giving it a hug.

The second was a cat incident. There came a kitten in our apartment complex (not my block and hence I did not see it). And it became an issue since its condition was bad (we have an e-forum and mails started coming in this regard). A good hearted man took it to an animal shelter place and our security supervisor accompanied him. They found that, that shelter is not the right place to keep the animal (I don’t know why). And then the supervisor decided to adopt the kitten. Not just that, the good resident even took the kitten to a Vet to have a checkup! Does the kitten know it was a taken cared of? No…

Sometimes it’s true. We may not be aware that somebody, somewhere, cares for us. Somebody wants to hear from us or just want to know how we are doing….

No comments: