Wednesday, October 15, 2008

God of Perfect Timing...

Today, my appointment with the physiotherapist was at 8 am. (Since they allot time slots, it is always better we keep time. Else we might even lose a session or have to wait for long time. So far, this did not happen to me). I used to keep alarm at 6.30 on days when I have an 8 am appointment, so that I don’t have to hurry and I can be there in time. But since wife said she is working from home today, and she has to get up bit early, I did not keep any alarm and asked her to wake me up at 7 am (I was bit tired yesterday night).

“Get up!, else you will get late” I heard the voice. I opened my eyes and looked at the timepiece. It was 7.20 already!

She did not call me at 7, just coz she ‘thought’ that I am already awake. I knew that there is no point in arguing with her and waste my time. I was sure that I will be late. But I decided to try my level best.

As soon as I was out of my apartment gate, I zoomed. When I connected the main road, there was heavy traffic. I sighed. Then there is this deviation I have to take which goes to the hospital. That road is a narrow road; only one car/medium sized vehicle can ply comfortably if there are pedestrians (there is no footpath). When two cars come, we need to drive carefully, that too at turnings (there are three 90 degree turnings). Close to one such turning there was one water supply tanker parked. I managed to get through and the next moment, what I saw was a Bus!. What timing…

That bus might have created a jam there for sure. And had I did not cross that turning at that time, I would have been held at that point. Thank God!

There were pedestrians on the road, but I decided to drive as fast as I can. When I passed a guy in an inch to inch distance, I even got butterflies. Then? There it is… there is this green car in front of me. He did not give way. I tried my level best, but no use. It looked like he had decided that he will not give way for me. Thus I had no choice left but to drive slowly, since he wasn’t driving in a hurry and overtaking him in that road was a big risk.

As I was about to reach the hospital, I put left indicator hoping that he will move to right and give way. But he too put left indicator and he too entered the hospital. I have this habit of driving fast (both up and down) in the ramps inside that four story parking area, but this guy!

I parked my car and proceeded to physiotherapy department. When I opened the door, there stands my therapist giving me a ‘kind of look’, but smiling.

“Sorry, I am late”
“yes, you ARE late…come”

She was about to go out, thinking that I might not turn up for today. Can’t blame her coz I did that last Saturday. What timing!

Was that car my enemy? If that car wasn’t there in front of me, I am 100% sure that I would have driven very fast inviting trouble….. if he wasn’t there, I would have taken more risks….

At the end, did I miss the session? Nope…
Coz, the timing was perfect.

God, I LOVE YOU!

No comments: