Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Indonesian Eid Surprise !

Today Muslims of many parts of the world celebrated Eid. In India, it will be celebrated tomorrow (this depends on the position/visibility of moon).

I had promised one of my friends in Indonesia that I will call her and wish. But in the morning, she asked me (in reply to my sms) to call after two hours and then when I texted asking ‘ can I call you now?’, she did not respond. It was bit disappointing. But when I was busy with some other thing and forgot about this disappointment, there comes her call…..

Today, for the first time in my life so far, I talked to somebody from Indonesia. What is the big deal? Well, in my life, these little little things are happy moments. First of all, apart from the Indonesian element, it had the 'talking to a friend' aspect, which always is nice. Sometimes little things can give big happiness. I still remember, I was soooooo happy when I talked to one of my friends from Philippines for the first time ( She was very happy that time coz she got a salary hike ! )


Thank you God for this gift of surprise..

No comments: