Sunday, October 19, 2008

Virtual Lessons...

Do we need to take this life and things connected to it very lightly?

“Yes” is the answer I got from many people. Sometimes I responded to it and sometimes I kept quit and some other times, I just sighed. Many a times people misunderstand or don’t understand the ‘take this life lightly’.

Some takes life real light. During their life, then enjoys many boy/girl friends. They marry so many times. They take relationships lightly. They don’t plan life. They don’t keep time and when others express their dislike towards such an attitude, they think ‘what’s wrong with these guys? Why are they taking everything seriously?’ they don’t think spending quality time with family is that important. They don’t think returning the ‘ok, sir, you can give that one buck next time’ buck is important (after all its just one buck). They don’t think its not very important to keep the word ‘ I will call you tomorrow’ or, ‘ I will drop to your house this weekend’….its a long list.

That is not the meaning of ‘taking life lightly’ it doesn’t mean one should be irresponsible and lazy. It doesn’t mean one should not take responsibilities. It doesn’t mean one should not be committed. It doesn’t mean that we don’t have to take any effort to keep our words. It doesn’t mean many such things and it also doesn’t mean that one should take everything in life very seriously.

One major difference between taking life lightly and taking it seriously is that, if we take it lightly, most of the time it will be others who suffer and if we take it seriously, most of the time its we who get disappointed and frustrated.

Let it be there…should we take our virtual friends seriously?

My personal answer is ‘It depends’, though I got hit many times. My wife asked me to not to take such people very seriously. And once she even dared to say ‘ I think that person doesn’t deserve you as a friend’...... why?

She had seen me spending my personal time, effort, sleep and money for many such people and at the end, sitting very disappointed or got hurt or insulted or ignored... Many a times, they takes it lightly, as if my time is valueless and my efforts are not worth considering…

The extended week which just passed was one such one (from last Saturday till today).

Learn Jay, learn..learn from these lessons…you always like learning new things, na?

No comments: