Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jesus! Terrorist On the Moon with Gita...

It’s a mixture of events that happened in the last week. I thought I will write about this.... then I thought I will write about that..... And finally I did not write about anything I wanted to write.

One was a mail from somebody about one of my blogs where I am talking about the two communities that were involved in the recent forced conversions that ended in a clash. Initially I suspected that it can be from one of my own friends/acquaintances from a fake mail id. But after exchanging a couple of mails and studying those mails in detail, it looked like real.

I read a real sarcastic article about the India’s mission to moon. The writer asks which is important, filling the craters (potholes) we already have or exploring the ones that moon has. Author feels its real waste of money.

It all depends on people’s perception and it happens when people fail to look around the world and understand how it functions. I have a book on Visual Basic Programming written by the world famous Peter Norton. In that book, he feels mountaineering is nothing but waste of time, energy and money. When the news of the moon mission came, the news paper carried small news too, about female Spiders. Some scientific body spent thousands of dollars to find out why the female spiders eat the male, after mating (not every spider and every species). Non American people have this idea that there are no poor in America. But that’s wrong. Even in the U.S. there is poverty. Had America spent all those money they literally wasted in Iraq to find out the non existing weapons, they could have fed those poor. I still remember, one of my friends from the U.S. sharing her bad moments with me. She wasn’t able to afford insurance and she was living availing social security benefits. She couldn’t even take enough rest after a surgery coz of fear of losing her job.

So, it all happens in this world. Go to a café and see the kind of coffees available and the snacks. The other day I had a Blueberry cheese cake. Lots of people are buying such stuffs from that shop. Do I really need that? Do we need a cappuccino? A frappuccino? Do we need any Moca? Do human beings need beer or wine or any other alcoholic drinks at all? The billions people spent for drinking is more than enough to feed the hungry. And look at the luxuries of people like Benny Hinn (somebody who is into god business), who is just a preacher. He become richer than the Pope himself! He has money to feed every hungry human in the U.S, at least for a couple of days. Is he doing that?

I got couple of comments for my blog in Friendster, which is just a copy paste from here ! I did not get it here. In one of them, somebody asked me to help feed the hungry in India and Africa, by making a donation to a particular fund. Dear friend, I myself is an Indian and I do help the poor around me, in many ways. I don't have to go to Africa or Philippines (recently I saw a video about the poor and street children in that country) to feed a hungry. But thanks a lot for that comment. I got a message...thanks again.

Its a hard truth, but the Vice President of Cisco (Wim Elfrink) lives in my city and he spends 1,700,000 bucks per month just as rent for his home cum personal office. So do many other senior executives. More than enough to feed the hungry Indians, at least one meal.

But I do support science and scientists. It has a place of its own. I too fancy going to Moon!

A headline which was so amusing was this ‘ Terrorists study other scriptures religiously’. Yes, these journalists know how to give proper heading and catch the readers. Police found out Bible and some Hindu scriptures from terrorists. Agreed...What is the truth behind it?

When we read the complete story, it becomes clear. Why they read other scriptures is to just take out those parts which can be misinterpreted or used against Hindus or Christians to confuse them and then convert them into Islam. Since many decades Christian missionaries from around the world came here and bought many people into their religion. And now they got the reply in the same coin. Muslims bought a Varghese Joseph, who was poor and turned him into a Muslim terrorist. Finally this poor boy died in an encounter with police. I strongly believe that he might have done that just for money to help his family, just like most of the Hindus here changed their religion. For a human, when we think at the humanitarian level, the first thing needed is the basic amenities – food , shelter and clothing. Those who cant afford it were more than willing to exchange their poverty with a new religion.

The other day I happened to read a lot about Islam. Why coz, one American was threatened to death by some Indonesians for proposing to a Muslim girl. The girl is a Muslim and the boy was a Christian. Girl liked him but her family asked that American to ‘get lost’ if he want his life. I was wondering why such a stand by Muslims. That research took many deviations and at some point I read this - Abraham was not a Christian but Muslim. Jesus is just a messenger and not the son of God........ Many biblical names appear in Koran but these are not seen in Bible (the contra entry). Now I started understanding why Bin Laden asked the American Christians to embrace Islam or face death.

From all these incidents, one thing is becoming clearer and clearer. We will see more and more brutal killings. Lots and lots of human life will be lost. Blood will be shattered all around, just coz of religion falling into the wrong hands.

This reminds me of once incident that happened 11 years ago. Three people sitting together. Me, a Hindu, Alex, my friend a Christian and Riaz, my friend, a Muslim. What happened then? We were just happy and busy catching up.

This will be the same case if Krishna, Jesus and Mohammed sit together. They will hug each other, crack jokes and enjoy every moment together (well, if its Rama instead of Krishna, tears will come out of his eyes when he hug Jesus, out of joy, for sure…coz, that’s Rama). Believe me, they are all friends...

And here in this earth? I really pity those religious ones who can't even understand why religion originated in the first place and why it is seen in different way in different parts of the world.

I belong to the minority, yes, I understand that…

Om Shanthi ..Shanthi ..Shanti..

No comments: