Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 - The End!

If I am asked to recollect my 2008, nothing much is coming into my memory. May be its coz it wasn’t a year packed with incidents. But one thing I am sure of:

2008 wasn’t a great year for me.

First thing that comes to my mind is my serious ligament injury that changed my lifestyle itself. For a moment, I thought

“Was it my decision to live like this? Within the four walls of my apartment?.. See what happened when I became active and started mingling with people, He sent me back saying ‘enough, now my dear son go and rest’” .

But I still have hope.

Mom’s first death anniversary…

The biggest terrorist attack still remains in my head, proving that there is a place for everybody in this world, even for dumb ass religious ones (the other day I read some argument telling God is a Jew! ). I don’t know when such people will start treating humans as humans, with respect.

2008 silently witnessed some titles losing colors. The Punching bag….Tatay (father)…. the Kuya (‘BIG brother’) and the confidante… fading fading fading and then vanishing in the thin air…realities wont lose its worth though we close our eyes to it.

A new friendship burnt out even before blossoming, but leaving some lessons. It was more like a reminder than a new lesson.

The start of a new global economic recession…

Barak Obama became the President of the US.

Played lots of badminton…swam a lot ….(yes, something positive)

Our airport got shifted from heart of the city to a far place! Its over 50 km from my house (well, with better facilities, but still it doesn’t sound good)

2008 was the year that I (sort of) kept away from scriptures of any kind, religious or spiritual practices, stopped my daily rosary, supported some atheists…but today is the end of 2008….it is time for a new beginning…

No comments: