Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Astrology



I don’t know when I wrote about astrology. Some years ago I wrote about astrology. May be it was a mail to somebody. Now I don’t remember. But it was a bit detailed one and now I don’t know where that mail (or whatever) is.

But the other day, once again astrology came into discussion. Since that talk was a for a few minutes, I dropped the idea of explaining it and decided to mail my friend. I did not understand the real tone when that person talked about astrology. Was is sarcastic? Teasing? Skeptical? I still don’t know.

I had studied astrology for a very small time. But I am not a great follower of it. I don’t have the habit of consulting an astrologer for everything I do. I haven’t even seen an astrologer for the past 12-14 years. But still I wont say astrology is all nonsense coz, it actually makes some sense. Am not talking about its accuracy and all. But its not fully inaccurate. If we know the exact date, time and place of birth person, an accomplished astrologer can predict a lot of things with somewhat accuracy. But some of these predictions can be altered by that person by his/her faith and will power.

Why are the people around us are not all the same? Why our fingers, nails, skin, hair and many other characteristics different? Is this all coincidence? I don’t think so.

Our ancestors might have observed too much coincidence happening around them and then they might have become curious about it and they might have kept a record of their observations and the result was the origin of astrology. I don’t know the history but when I write this, that is what came into my mind.

For the time being, I will just post the mail I wrote to that person, the other day. This is not a fully explained one and I leaves some space for that person to think.

......... * * * ...........

If I say there is a place called ‘ooty’, what will be your response? I expect you to say ‘ I don’t know’ and not ‘no, there is no such place’.

If you google for ooty, you get more than 1,220,000 results for ooty coz its such a known place in India (and somewhat abroad too). One not knowing doesn’t mean that there is no such place. I hope you got my point. And this is applicable to everybody , including me, for almost every aspect in our life. Our ignorance about something is not a proof of non existence of something. (And I expect you to use this sentence against me, sometime in future….coz that is what usually people do).

Can you prove to an atheist that God exists? No, you can’t. I believe in God but can I prove it to another? Nope. There are many people in the God business who ‘creates’ miracles (at their will, wish, time, sked etc) and makes millions. Even such ‘professionals’ can’t prove to an atheist that God exists.

And may be that is one reason why religions are also called ‘faith’. Coz, it’s just a mind game and it all ‘depends’ on your faith. Ever heard of a thief bitten to death by a snake while stealing? I personally know many incidents where agricultural crops being got stolen at night where there are lots of snakes too. And why is it so? Where did this gentleman God go?

Why am I talking about religion? May be I have some reasons…hehehe

Same thing is applicable to astrology. Somebody’s ignorance or skeptical view about it doesn’t make it foolish or stupid. (You won’t believe that an astrologer told me that my sister’s first child died, without him knowing anything about me or my family. He lived hundreds of miles away and I met him accidentally). Coz, it has man’s thousands of years of observation about the nature/universe. Why our finger prints/shape/lines are different? Do you think a palmist is all fake and a finger print expert is right?

Fortunately for the human race, there are people who learn from nature and think beyond ‘books’, even now.

If I take lots of effort to explain astrology, it’s a total waste of our time, that too me not being an expert. But still, you are my friend and hence I have some time for you. So, I just want to give you some clues.

One of the greatest (western) astrologer of all times was a Christian, do you know that? William John Warner, who is known as Cheiro. Same goes to Linda.

Do you know how tides happen? If that silly moon can influence such abundant water, do you think that it can not influence you? Do you know from where the word Lunatic originated and why? If you know any asthma patient, go and ask them what happens when the full moon comes. I suspect, even you might have been under the influence of it and did not observe (once you said you became sad without any reason).Moon can make one hyperactive, depressed, violent, trigger migraine headaches and asthma…..astrologers speak in a different language and science speak in a different language. But many a times, what both say are same thing.

(what is different language? Once there was a king. He wanted to know when he will die. So, he called one astrologer and asked. Astrologer predicted his death within a month and the king cut the astrologer’s head and laughed – ‘ fool, he didn’t even know his own fate’. Then he called another astrologer and the astrologer said this way – ‘ Oh King, I don’t see any death, but I see the prince becoming King, so it’s a happy moment’ . And the king rewarded him. But the king died and the prince became the king. This is what I mean by ‘different language’ )

Science understood this and now calls this as ‘Full Moon Ion Effect’. I know the scientific side if this. You can ask me, if you are genuinely interested. I have seen some people around me, who hesitate to learn something coz they have a fear that the knowledge will destroy their faith. This is not true. One needs to start from the religion and grow to spirituality (no need for anyone to change his/her faith). And science and spirituality goes hand in hand. It complements each other.

The other day I talked about bacteria in our mouth. It has no idea where it lives. Lets divert a little from there.

(removed some part and here I talks about that person’s identity with respect to the place of living)


.....Then you will grow to asian, “earthtian”, “solar systian”, “milky wayian” and so on…..think as BIG as you can…travel at light speed and cover as much as you can….are you just a (person's identity based on nationality)?

If somebody calls you up now (from thousand of miles away) and abuse/scold you, you will get irritated and you will transfer that negativity to others around you (you might get angry at them etc). So, didn’t they influence you? How does a prayer work? How does your prayer influence me? Now combine the ability to influence and what you really are and now you have the answer.


God did not create those big balls just for fun or for a different ball game. It has a purpose and role to perform in this universe.

( Removed some personally identifiable contents)

Just be open and look at the moon with love and acceptance….it might even talk to you, who knows?

No comments: