Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Is God Male?

Is there any male God sitting above us? A Father? With male sex organs? Or ‘He’ has got female sex organs too? A hermaphrodite? Or genderless?

Why cant God be a She? After all it’s God who created or ‘gave birth’ to this universe.

This world is male dominated, without any doubt. Rama, Krishna (there are female deities in Hinduism, but most of the teachings are from male side), Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, all the authors of the Bible, the author of Mahabharat, Ramayan, Koran …..its a list of males. That is the only reason why God became He.

Some religion’s idea of heaven is fully male dominated (full of beautiful women, grapes… and a place where man has his say) .

After all, Bible says, God created mankind in his image. And we can see that mankind includes female (as per the Bible, its not just the physical feature which is considered as the ‘image’, I understand that). So it is not a HE. We (at least I ) use He for easy addressing.

Hinduism considers God (Brahman) as formless, omnipresent, omnipotent, immanent and pure consciousness . I think Islam also has similar view (the form aspect) about Allah. And what about Christianity?

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God”

John 1:1

“God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth”

John 4:24

How does a spirit look like, as per Bible? Jesus says:

"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Handle me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."

Luke 24:39


So, there is no scope for confusion. The scriptures and common sense agrees at least here. God is not male.

God is sprit or in other words, a form of energy. And thus the first law of thermodynamics, the law of conservation of energy, is applicable to Him

“Energy can neither be created nor be destroyed”


So?

So, dont ask me who created God...

No comments: